Thursday 21 February 2013

Self Review: 1st Draft

After completeing my first draft, I have realised what I need to change when making my real magazine.
 
Front Cover
 
What went well: I think that the font looks quite good. The font of the band names down the left hand side of the page beneath the title looks quite flowing which is what I wanted, however I also like the block writing because it is easy to read, especially the white font colour over the top of the black jacket of the picture.
 
How to improve: I like the way the title looks. The IF indie folk magazine MAGAZINE bit. To improve this I would probably make it bigger and so it is a lot more attention grabbing. I would also change the colour which would make it more eye catching in the shops. The images aren't the best quality and for my final magazine I will use proper equipment which will make it look better and will make the whole magazine look more professional. The style of the artist isn't particularly what I wanted, however the hair and natural make up is as I think that it links well with the folk section of the genre. I dont like the colours of the text because I think that it is difficult to read in some areas (such as the band names on the left side of the page.
 
Contents:

What went well: I like the idea of using text in boxes as it make sit clearer to read and has a scrap book effect. I like the font at the bottom in the 'FOLLOW US ON TWITTER' section because I think this will be appealing to the audience as they are generally interested in social media.

How to improve: The colour of the page should either be white or a different colour that doesnt look like I have accidentally changed the colour and done a really bad job. I think this is the impression that it gives and also makes the page look unprofessional. This teamed with the poor quality images makes the page look really bad.

Double page spread:

What went well: I think that the colours look a lot better on this page as opposed to the other page colours. I also like the font used on the page header as it was the style that I was looking for when I was doing my planning.

How to improve: I don't think that the style of the page looks the same as the others meaning that the whole project doesn't look as though it all belongs together. Again, the images aren't great quality which makes the page look quite unprofessional.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment