Thursday 21 March 2013

Evaluation Draft: Question 6

Draft question 6

What have you leart about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Laptop/computer:
I used the computers at school which were available to me during lesson time which helped me to construct my project. The school computers provided all of the softwear (photoshop) which I needed in prder to create my project. I used my Toshiba laptop at home to do the majority of the reasearch I needed before hand in order to gain an idea of what I needed to do to make my project how I wanted it to be.

Adobe photoshop:
I used this to begin constructing my porject by adding photos, text an effects. this softwear enabled me to make my project as professional as possible. After quickly learning how to use it on the preliminary tasks, I became able to use the softwear to make the product look how I wanted it to.

Camera:
The camera which I used was a school camera and was fairly good quality. The images I took using it were taken against a white background and make the content of the image look really good. A comment from my draft product was that the quality of my images needed to be better and I feel that using the camera provided me with better quality images which made the overall look of my product professional
I also used a smaller camera to take the image of a seperate musician on my contents page as the previous ca,era was unavailable which took images with slightly less quality. However I think that the image has still turned out quite well and doesn't make the page look less professional.

Lighting equipment:
I used stand lighting equipment when taking photographs to make the images have a softer look. This also made for the quality of the images to be better as they werent very dark and made the artist look really good which added to the overall quality of my work.

Dropbox:
I used this to make usre I had all the files which I needed available to me at any time. This meant that I could use different computers everywhere and was able to have all of the necessary work with me. This was especially useful during the draft product as I kept saving the work to dropbox and then would finish/improve the work at home.

Animoto:
I used this when creating my magazine pitch to the class. By uploading images and text I could show the class what I wanted my magazine and what I wanted to achieve as well as showing how I would achieve it. Being able to add music to the background gave a greated indication as to the genre which I wanted and made the overall pitch more effective.

Scanner:
Because I chose to do my moodboards by hand (gluing and sticking) it meant that I needed to use the school scanner to send the images to my email so that I could upload them to my blog. An easier way would to have taken photographs which would then have been upkoaded however I thought that this way would make the image quality better. This got the point across of how I wanted my magazine to look and the quality provided by the scanner made it clear. This also helped my when I had drawn plans of how I wnated my magazine to look on paper and scanned it into the computer to post onto my blog.

Internet:
This was a vital piece of technology that I used in the construction of my product as I needed to reasearch a lot of things when doing my research and planning. Examples of this includes things such as covers, contents and DPS on google images for me to analyse so I could realise the conventions of real magazines and apply them to my magazine as well as researching facts about magazine publishers and artists. I also used hotmail emailing as a way of transferring information around with me so I could do work anywhere. Google chrome also made it easier to use Blogger so I could display all of my research, product and final evaluation (when it is complete).

Microsoft word:
I used this to write my magazine article with my artist as I could do a word count to see how much i had done/needed to be done as well as minimising the risk of having any spelling mistakes to make it as professional as possible.



1 comment: