Friday 25 January 2013

Music Style Research



I want to use the music genre 'indie folk' for my magazine. This is because I like this type of music and I think that the styling, photographs and article surrounding this music genre could be made to be really interesting.
I want to do a vintage style magazine and I think that this genre fits really well with that kind of styling. Also, for my music artist I have someone in mind that would look the part and would be perfect for being the cover star on an indie folk magazine cover.

Research


Indie Folk is a music genre that arose in the 1990's from singer/songwriters in the indie rock community influenced by the folk music scenes of the 50's, 60's and early 70's, country music and indie rock.

Typical Instruments used by indie folk artists include accoustic guitars, double bass, piano, harmonium, mandolin, drums, banjo, violin, electric guitar

Examples of Artists

Some indie folk musicians can be very successful



Ellie Goulding, Wye Oak, The Lumineers, Pale Face, Noah and the Whale, Mumford and Sons, Of Monsters and Men, Laura Marling, Johnny Flynn, Ben Howard, Frank Turner, Florence and the Machine, Dog is Dead, Bombay Bicycle Club

No comments:

Post a Comment